Health & Safety Policy
It is the policy of Aluminium Shapes Ltd. to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all of it’s employees.
Aluminium Shapes Ltd. recognises that each employee is a valuable asset and that risks to their health and safety should be identified, evaluated, eliminated where possible or otherwise reduced and controlled for the benefit of both employee and company.
Aluminium Shapes Ltd. will consult with Safety Representatives and Trade Union representatives on matters concerning health, safety and welfare at work.
Aluminium Shapes Ltd. also recognises its duty under common law and statutory duties to visitors, contractors and others who may be affected by the company’s activities.
Responsibility for matters of health, safety and welfare lies with the Managing Director and other Senior Managers of Aluminium Shapes Ltd. They are developing a culture that is supportive of good health and safety standards, the maintenance of safe working procedures and the continuous improvement of employee awareness of health and safety issues.
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis.
We will not compromise environmental, health or safety values for profit or production.
All employees are expected to understand, promote and assist in the implementation of this policy and the accompanying principles.
- We comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and permit requirements, and set higher standards for ourselves and our suppliers where unacceptable risks are identified
- We will implement and maintain an Environmental Management System
- We will pursue prevention of pollution and an EHS incident free workplace
- We will strive to continuously improve the environmental impacts caused by our activities and products
- We will set and review objectives and targets annually for environmental improvement
- We will measure, monitor and assess our environmental emissions
- We monitor, measure and assess our performance and are open and transparent in our communications
- We will communicate with employees, external agencies, customers and suppliers, and the local community
We are all accountable for conforming with and deploying our EHS value and principles.